[Harp-L] Harmonetta

I too would like to see any patent information on the Harmonetta. I recall having seen it before but can't seem to find it now. I also haven't looked that much yet, I admit.

While primarily used as a chord harp, viewing the Harmonetta as a replacement or competitor to the traditional chord harp is a fairly limiting way of looking at the instrument. One can do a lot of neat melody with accompaniement things with the Harmonetta, for instance (one can, I can't). Obviously it can fill the chordharp role quite well, but it can be used in significantly different ways beyond that.

Further, the Harmonetta is a very, very different instrument than a Melodica and neither would make a good replacement for the other. The most basic difference is that the Harmonetta has both blow and draw notes, allowing for patterns and effects which the Melodica cannot do (true drones, for example). Also the different playing interfaces is a huge factor, effecting how or can shape notes, chords and such in very noticeable ways. I have both and view them as very different instruments.

JR Ross