From: Alexander Savelyev <Alexander.Savelyev@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] talking techniques again
To: IcemanLE@xxxxxxx, "John F. Potts" <hvyj@xxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, September 4, 2009, 10:59 AM

and i second the statement about the quality of equipment - the level of 'relalcintrancy' of a 3 draw reed on a particular harp model is critical.  I'm convinced that one has to use the harp in relatively low keys like A and Bb to really develop the skill of hitting the right bent note at the right time. and harp brand/model matters a lot too.

>>> "John F. Potts" <hvyj@xxxxxxx> 04/09/2009 17:25 >>>
True confession:  i can hit a blue third consistently and i am
getting pretty decent hitting the draw 3 whole step bend and the draw
3 step and a half bend on pitch.  I have MUCH more difficultly
hitting the draw 3 half step bend with consistent accuracy.  I often
slide past it down to the whole step bend.  That's one reason i never
attempt to play minor in second position..

But, on a custom harp or a Suzuki Fabulous i am seem to be able to
play that note with more precision.  i'm not blaming the equipment
for my own shortcomings. But t one thing a custom harp or a really
high end help will help a player do: hit all the bends with greater
precision more easily.

JP

This e-mail message may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) does not in any way waive privilege or confidentiality.
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to whom or which it is addressed.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited.
The sender accepts no liability for the proper transmission of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.