[Harp-L] talking techniques again

At one of the Augusta Heritage classes, I asked the students, who considered themselves int/adv intermediate the play 3 hole inhale first bend.

Out of the class of 25, only about two of them could achieve it and hold it for a few seconds.

The realization came to me that most students really didn't prehear this note in their inner ear before attempting to create it.

So, I'm interested in how many of you process this one note on the diatonic. (Everyone should have some reference point that they use - you'd be surprised at how many, when they are totally honest with themselves, really don't have a clue, but go for it in a general sense).