[Harp-L] Garden State Harmonica Festival- Nov. 19, 20 & 21

My good friends Val Redler & Phil Caltabellota have taken the Garden State
Harmonica Club under their wings in an effort to continue the fine tradition
that was started back in 1971 by George Osterman. Last year the economic
challenges of our country caused the annual Harmonica Festival to be
cancelled for the first time. This left a big hole in the harmonica world of
many players here on the east coast as well as from places afar. I am
jumping aboard the "team" to help make sure that last year was just the
exception and not the rule. My first year being on the SPAH team has been
very rewarding. We had a record breaking convention last month. I am hoping
that the momentum created in Sacramento will carry over into this next
event. This is a great opportunity for those of you here in the east that
couldn't make it out to California for what ever reason. What a wonderful
way to kick off your 2009 holiday season! The fine details of the festival
are still being being worked out but lot's of info is already posted on the
website: www.gardenstateharmonicaclub.org . Just like SPAH the Garden State
Harmonica Club is a non-profit organization run by volunteers only. The
budget for the GSHC is much tighter than SPAH's so that means that all of
the entertainers volunteer their services as well. This year the line-up is
shaping up to be incredible! So many awesome players are willing to "give
back" and support this great harmonica community.

The bottom line: 3 great days full of harmonica magic with workshops,
seminars, performances and jams for only $115.00! Get a roomie or two and
keep hotel expenses down.

Historically the GSHC Festival is much more chromatic/ensemble based than
diatonic. This year we are looking to get more blues/diatonic players
involved. Dennis Gruenling, Rob Paparozzi, Carlos Colina and others will
help reach this goal. Word has it that some of the young guns will be
attending and performing including Josh King, Jay Gaunt and Zack Gafiria.
This isn't about abandoning the rich history of the festival. It's about
expanding and advancing the GSHC to new heights!

More details will follow as they develop. The website will be updated as
need be as well. If you have already decided to attend this year please go
to the website and register ASAP. The more early registrations we have the
better we can plan ahead to make this an unforgettable success. We already
have a good start to the registrations so we know that the SHOW WILL GO ON
NO MATTER WHAT! Lets break the attendance record this year and show Val and
Phil how much you want the harmonica community to survive and grow here in
the north east.

WB

-----
Warren "Bee" Bachman