Re: [Harp-L] Marine Band's - Heresy, etc.

Hi

Am Montag, 31. August 2009 schrieb Bill Kumpe:
> What I was hoping for with my post was serious explanation of
> Marine Band benefits that would justify the harps cult status.
> Things like richer tone, easier bend, better projection, longer
> life, etc.  I didn't hear that.

Oh, well. Tone cones from the player. If not 100%, then 95%. Don´t
expect voodoo, it's just a harmonica! I don't care about the tone of
my harmonica, i care about my tone.
Current Marine Bands bend easy, i guess that is implied when i rave
about superior plate quality and playability. The tiny vented cover
plates provide good projection, yes. I mentioned longer life, probably
you didn't read...?

But a humble question, what benefit are you asking for better than
superior plate quality? It's all in the plates, baby ;)

Well, you seem to like the idea players prefer Marine Bands for
nostalgic reasons in the first place. Or "cult status" as you call it.
Part of that cult is the legendary poor quality of Marine Bands in the
early 90s. That of course explains a lot of the reservations regarding
this model, not the enthusiasm for current MBs though. Superior
quality does. Steve Baker already suggested to give it a try. Doing so
might answer some of your questions.

--
Gruß,Frank