[Harp-L] LURKER - Doug in Calgary

Hello list,

At first I thought that Lurker's day would mean that I'd have the problem of dealing with 2000 emails!  But it looks like there has not been a stampede of lurkers ready to reveal themselves.  Just in case it's because someone has to go first . . . . .

I can barely play the harmonica but, starting decades ago, got obsessed with the idea of designing a chromatic that would play in all keys equally, something I could grab and jam along with the radio, the way I could with my guitar.  You'd be amazed at all the harebrained and impractical ideas that I've come up with. However, I've heard that "the fool who persists in his folly will become wise."  (more on this another day)

While I'm waiting for wisdom to cut in I take special interest in discussions of various tunings and positions on the diatonic, and chromatic, and anything else that looks at altering or expanding the capabilities of the harmonica.

I live in Calgary, a city of a million, in the foothills of the Rockies.  I have also lived in Vancouver where winter means lots of rain but no snow - a possible retirement destination.  I have been self-employed in various entrepreneurial enterprises and am now trying to get my ducks in a row and get some kind of (musical) retirement going.  I'm curious to find out if there are any other lurkers from western Canada.

Doug H