RE: [Harp-L] Dance Currents with Richard Hunter video on Youtube

Both of Richard's newly posted videos are worth checking out IMO.

As for the dance performance... it's a fine honour in my books to play solo
harp for dance!

I know of only one other harmonica and dance piece. It's been posted here
before, but worth the watch for anyone who has not yet seen it.
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybvHgFUCuPo
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1C7uMMfLqY&feature=related

Richard's link and his original post below.

John

Hi all,

I uploaded a new video to Youtube of the performance I did with Dance
Currents, a Boston-based dance group led by choreographer Kathy Hassinger,
in March 2009.  The piece is titled "The Songbird and Soldiers," and it
consists of three dances set to 3 of my solo harmonica pieces. This was a
fun gig.  It was thrilling to see a musical gesture echoed in the movements
of the dancers, just like hearing someone throw a lick back at you in a jam
session. And of course, it was thrilling to see pieces that I wrote in the
1970s and 1990s performed by dancers.

Also, an amendment to my previous announcement regarding the Youtube video
of a live concert performances by me, filmed at the Agassiz Theatre in
CaImbridge, MA in June 2009.  The version I posted did NOT include the duet
with drummer Akira Tana on "Comin Home Baby."  The piece is copyrighted
material, and I don't have either the publisher's or Akira's permission to
post the performance.  So I cut it back to the solo performance of my piece
"New County Stomp."  Still worth a look.

You can find both videos at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/lightninrick