Re: [Harp-L] Crossover vs. Manji

Am Freitag, 27. November 2009 schrieb Mojo Red:

> How do they compare:
> 1) Responsiveness-wise

Great, both. Still slightly different. I wrote about it earlier this
week.

> 2) Tone/tembor/tuning-wise

Tone: both will sound lik me if i play them and like you if you play
them. Besides that both can sound pretty harsh with lots of overtones
if played that way.
Tuning: Steve Baker reportet in detail about the tuning of Hohners
Crossover. I found mine  tuned quite good. MY Manji was not tuned very
good, with beating octaves. So i could not figure a tuning system.
Well this was only ONE instrument, maybe all other Manjis are tuned
perfectly and i got the only one that was made on early monday
morning. I don't say they're all tuned like mine!

> 3) Overblow friendly-wise?

Both are overblow friendly out of the box. I think there's a slight
advantage with Hohner's Crossover.

let me add 4) Which one is better?

One isn't better than the other. If you wanna know which is better for
YOU there's no other way than trying yourself.

HTH
--
Gruß,Frank