[Harp-L] re: Leon RedBone = Good Player

Envy. That´s what I feel.
  Living on the wrong side of the pond for this performer.
  None of greater harmonica players, but, importantly, he feels no excessive need to demonstrate this. When he plays it´s brief and to the point.
  Great guy.

Cheers,
Martin
Tonight I saw Leon Redbone at the Colonial Theater.(On the old
vaudeville circuit)
  A friend gave me tickets ...it was a good show with bass sax/tuba/
stand up
and a dobro/guitar comping chords behind him.  No harp and I was glad
not to hear it.

  I met Leon and he is quite
easy going & a jokester.

For me,that is a good player, an artist with a recognizable voice. The
instrument of choice is
second to that. It's not a sport. It's about the song.
The night was all about the songs and a voice.

My .02

James Day
www.jameswday.com