Re: [Harp-L] Johnny "have fun" Hegedus

The secret is to learn some NEW tunes while you are on tour, or doing  a
residency. This helps to keep your music fresh. Sure, you might have played
"Hoochie Coochie Man" or "Mustang Sally" THOUSANDS of times, but you can
pretty  well always bring something new to it!
I try to learn a new piece every week. PARTICULARLY when on the road
playing mostly the same set every night.The rest of the band  might need to  be
"encouraged", but it is worth the effort.
It really works.
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines

In a message dated 22/11/2009 01:17:44 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,