[Harp-L] RE: Just Have Fun With It

Jim Adams said:  I think there may be more than a few people like me who
read this list.

I have nothing but respect for the fine musicians on this list who advance
the theory and technique of the instrument we all share in common.  I stand
in awe of the pros who have the talent and the courage to go out a make a
living with their music.  But, that ain't me.  I do it because I enjoy it,
to forget my day and to express thoughts and emotions my profession will not
allow me to verbalize.  That's it.  I play publicly once or twice per month
but I play daily in my office and in my car.  There is nothing wrong with a
just play the darn thing approach.  I'll never a Winslow or a Jason Ricci or
a Dave Berntson but I'll have some fun along the way and save a ton on pills
and counseling in the process.

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK