[Harp-L] Roland AF-70 Anti-Feedback (Rick Davis)

There's been lots of discussion about anti-feedback including Rick's
question about the Roland AF-70, but has anyone considered the tactical use
of virtual feedback ?

In days of yore I played in a band where the leader, a retentive guitarist,
was more than jealous when I got applause from the audience after a solo.
His face would twist into a frown, and I'd get "the stare".
Then he would go to the PA and drop me a few decibels.
As the night wore on, I was just about playing unplugged.
A blown Hohner a night was becoming the norm.

So when he was setting-up I'd adjust the pot on the GB way down, for
"insurance". Then one night when he had everything nearly ready, I played a
sustained higher register note.
It was kinda satifying to watch him scamper around the stage from mic to mic
searching for the "feedback" source.

When I pointed to the harp and grinned, he got the message, and I got the
stare .... and the watts back.

Geoff Atkins