[Harp-L] Just have fun with it!

I suggest you listen to your
favorite players and practice there licks and before you realize it,
you will be coming up with licks of your own. What makes a good
player? Is the person having fun? That to me makes a good
player........

Damn, I wish I read this before I was so stupid as to go out and learn harmony, and reading, orchestration and writing charts, etc. and then scales and articulation and tone. Boy was I dumb. And I just don't have any fun playing the harmonica because I learned all that stupid stuff. And all those other musicians that play sax, guitar, piano, etc., boy they are also really dumb for learning all that music stuff and with teachers and lessons and music school, wow what a waste of time.

My suggestion is just to pick up a violin and just learn all the fiddle licks you can. That makes a great fiddle player for me. Just have fun with it and above stay as ignorant as you possible can of anything that smacks of learning about music.

Harmonically yours,

Robert
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com