Re: [Harp-L] RE: Richter oh Richter, why oh why?

 ya gotta remember that in the early mid 1800's in Germany, oom pah/teutonic/hurdy gurdy was the POP MUSIC OF THE DAY. Harmonica was created to play the TOP 40 tunes- popular amongst the masses.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Fertig <drfertig@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, Nov 18, 2009 3:43 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] RE: Richter oh Richter, why oh why?

Oom Pah, baby!  Many years ago I learned the richter-tuned diatonics were great
for what I call oom pah, Dr. Payne says teutonic, some say hurdy gurdy, or organ
grinder music.  I have always felt that was what they were basically designed
for.  And lil kids love it!  With the right  monkey it pays for spaetzle, too.

-Dave "fertig David" Fertig