[Harp-L] Richter oh Richter, why oh why?

Despite the title let me say that I love the traditional Richter tuning, it's just that with all the recent discussion about alternate tunings like the country tuning by long time professionals has me wondering, once again as to why  the traditional Richter tuning, or very slight variations of it (country, paddy Richter) is the tuning most used by pros outside of blues.

I've been playing harp for a couple years and by now I have a decent understanding as to why the traditional Richter tuning is the best for blues, period. I love "bluesifying your melody" and the standard tuning serves me well when I want to do that. But so many times I find myself going for the paddy or the country or melody maker tuning when playing certain melodies. So I keep having this nagging question in my head as to why most pros stick with Richter when playing classical music , jazz, pop etc etc.
There is got to be a musical reason. You see, I have heavily invested in Richter harps and it will make me very happy to know that, LOL.

Is it merely tradition ? It's hard to change now?
Is it because most manufactures only produce the standard tuning ?
Is it the ability to play octaves ? ( not possible with circular tuning for example)
Has something to do with better tongue blocking ?
Is it the extended range you get ( a few more notes than with major cross or circular for example)?
Is it the ability to overblow easier ?

Anyways, please enlighten me. No sarcasm or off the wall answer please. I am really trying to grow musically in my journey with the harmonica.

Thanks,
Daniel