[Harp-L] 9 draw raised

Steve Baker writes (in regards to Country tuning):

"interest more players in the many wonderful options the raised 7th in 5-draw offers (though I never raise 9-draw und never really grasped the reason for doing so),"

It depends on whether you want to keep a blow bend in hole 9 or have an octave available in the draw. It's also a matter of ease--if you swap reedplates from an LO to make a country tuned harp you'd have to retune the 9 draw back down.

I am also a big fan of country tuning, a great and very versatile tuning which requires essentially no relearning and which I became aware of from none other than Steve Baker's "Harp Handbook" (buy it if you haven't already).

JR Ross