[Harp-L] Backing up a Singer.....

Rob wrote ,
"I thought I'd post these links of George Jones...I believe Charlie McCoy is playing on the Hee Haw Video and listen to the sparseness, he only plays on one verse but the effect is superb. When I got the call to play with an older George on Letterman in 2006...Paul Shaffer asked if I could use the same licks and sparseness so I did. Since it's Veterans day here in the States, I thought I'd include one with NO harp content but a WHOLE lotta SOUL of George singin' about the Vietnam Vets.....The hardest thing to playing behind ol' Possum is trying not to cry and slobber all over your harp as you listen to him.,-) Never a dry eye in the house!"

For the souls of our lost: (no harp) but very soulful!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOFCQpjOp7s

Hi Rob, not being a large CW fan I decided to listen to the George Jones song about Vietnam Vets that you included in this post. Having been an Army Helicopter Pilot over there back in '65, the song and photos brought back a lot of memories.

Thanks for the memories,

Paul

If You Love The Blues
Honk Your Hohner