Re: [Harp-L] Re: Backing up a Singer (George Jones)

Hey David,

I felt it was on the virge of 'clashing' as a lead in note to the modulation
on the original version. To MY ears, if you sit on it too long it sounds
wrong. So when I played it I faded the note 'down' into the
modulation....just the way my ears were hearing it. But I agree with you
that McCoy's (or whoever it is) strong attack on that note kind of grows on
you!,-) Funny how our ears can play tricks on us!,-)

Best, Rob P

On 11/12/09 12:12 AM, "David Fairweather" <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I thought I'd post these links of George Jones...I
>> believe Charlie
>>> McCoy is playing on the Hee Haw Video and listen to
>> the sparseness,
>>> he only plays on one verse but the effect is superb.
>
>>> George Jones on Hee Haw so this should be Charlie
>> McCoy on Harp
>
> I've listened to that solo several times now and I'm still not sure what to
> think of the very last note of the harp solo as the rest of the band changes
> key.  Is it a clam or is it inspired?! :>  At first I thought it clashed.  But
> now I'm beginning to think it might be the best note in the whole song!
>
> What do you think Rob?  I noticed that you faintly played the same last note
> on Letterman but you didn't commit to it the way McCoy did!  Were you unsure?

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob¹s Session Sites:
http://www.esession.com
http://www.sessionplayers.com