[Harp-L] The next SPAH - Transportation issue

Was in Minneapolis a couple years ago, daughter was playing in  the
Volleyball Jr. Olympics & we stayed downtown near the  convention center where that
event was held.  During that visit we jumped  on the light rail system and
went to the Mall of America (groan, not my  thing but local friends wanted
to meet us there).  Point being that  there is a light rail stop somewhere
within "walking distance" of the 2010  SPAH hotel site, possibly one even
closer than the mall station?   Maybe a local on harp-l could chime in with the
details, or maybe one  of the organizers can do some research on this & find
out how far the  hotel is from the trains & other public transportation
options.  Will the hotel have a shuttle available direct to the  mall and/or
the mall station?  I hear the hotel is otherwise kind of  isolated so this
info would be helpful.

I Goggled "Minneapolis Public Transportation", turns out the Mall  station
is a major hub & connects to several lines.  Looks like  you can easily get
connected to anywhere in the city from there  (lots to do downtown), so
perhaps no worries about stranded  non-harmonica playing spouses as was the case
in Sacramento.  The light  rail also goes to the airport from the mall
station, I think you don't need  to change trains anywhere... very handy.

For those on the list that haven't yet attended a SPAH convention,  um,
well... I can't begin to describe how amazing these  conventions are, a
genuinely life changing  event for some first time attendees.

Hey Greg, congrats on your new CNC machine... way cool!
Christopher Richards  -  'Twin Tone' Harmonica  Microphones