Re: [Harp-L] In which Gus is Summarily Dispatched to Eternal Ignominy

"He got it that the song was somehow in d"

Reading this, I was just curious - was anyone calling out the song key before each song started? Doesn't sound like it from the quote above. Perhaps if that simple courtesy wasn't extended (which kind of annoys me, why subject me to spending the first part of the song going through that drill to find the right key rather than comfortably playing along), and this young person was too embarrassed to ask, that was the source of at least that part of the trouble.

I feel kind of bad for the kid. He did the right thing and asked before just wailing, probably felt a little insecure but happy to be invited, and was likely crushed and embarrassed by the experience. I wouldn't call him Gus at all.

Bill Hines