Re: [Harp-L] Fender '65 Fender Princeton Reverb

"Did your amp require any modifications or tube swaps?--they are $899 at most muci shops--did you find a better deal?"

I changed the V1 preamp to a 12AY7, (just as a precautionary measure) but I could have happily played it as standard, as it only allowed me to tweak the volume knob slightly above where it was.

Well I'm in the UK so our prices are different to the USA. What I did however was to contact a local store with a price promise and asked them to match the lowest price (UK) I had found online. I'm a regular there so they agreed. I got it for £150GBP under the normal store price.

This was also the last Princeton they had in. They informed me that when the new Fender stock come in the prices are going up again.

Paul