From: John F. Potts <hvyj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Winslow as a concert performer
To: winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 3:54 PM

Winslow,

I have NEVER heard such incredible tone from a chromatic as you get on Blue Chrome (on the Jazz Harmonica Summit site).  i want to ask what harmonica were you using and what equipment were you playing through?  Did you gap the reeds and/or modify the windsavers?  i ask this because any time i have attempted to get such a tone out of a chromatic, the reeds would "freeze."  But, then I don't play chrom very well anyway.

Absolutely superlative tone from a chrom.  Fantastic performance!  Hey--you're so good you should write a book.

JP