[Harp-L] Better draw blocking nose

I am new on the harp and have made an interesting observation.

I just got a new chromatic in G and the 4 draw (F#) sounded weak.  For the fun of it I pinched my nose shut with one hand and drew the note and it sounded great!  So what I had been doing was drawing thru my nose as well as thru the harp, weakening the air flow?

So, how do I not draw thru my nose and channel all the air thru the harp on draw?  I can't play my harps with my nose pinched closed.

Any insight appreciated.

Jim