[Harp-L] The OURO project - introduction

Hi fellow musicians,

Thanks for all the comments I received. The interaction is really what helps me to get the best result possible.

Last week I was able to get to the point that the main theme through the whole project is clear to me. From a compositional point of view, this means that the melodic and harmonic material will be destilled from the Brazilian flag that has the motto "ordem e progresso" (order and progress). (Fyi: I moved to Brazil in june 2008). This in relation to the Miles Davis album "AURA" where his name "miles davis" is used in a similar way to compose melodic and harmonic material. The album will reflect my very own and personal experiences towards being part of Brazil. By no means it will be a political statement ... .

So, by now the introduction is finished/stable for a while and demonstrates how "ordem e progresso" can sound from a musical point of view ;-)

http://www.myspace.com/wimdijkgraaf

For those interested in following this project in more detail, you can subscribe to my blog where I'll publish more detailed information regularly:

http://wimdijkgraaf.blogspot.com

This really is the project of my dreams. To be able to create the music as I hear it in my head without any commercial limitations/ directions.

Um grande abraço,

Wim Dijkgraaf
jazz harmonica & composition

e-mail:	info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx