[Harp-L] Cable capacitance

On someone's recommendation, I bought a Mogami XLR stage cable, I tried it and the highs and clarity were terrific. But the bass and mids were not as good as the Peavy mic cable I have been using. The sound of my old Peavy XLR cable was audibly "thicker" and fuller-- although not quite as clear--and sounded better for harp. (No, it's not just my imagination, the difference was so dramatic that I would have had to readjust the tone controls if i was going to use the Mogami.)

So, i started searching around on the web and found that some people say low capacitance cable (like Mogami) has better high end and clarity but less bass response. Then there was one site where there were some graphs which claims that there is a midrange gain boost from higher capacitance cable, which seems to pretty accurately describe the difference i was hearing. Here's that URL: http:// www.aqdi.com/cablecap.htm

Anyone know enough about cable capacitance to explain it's effect on tone other than better treble response and clarity? I'm talking about XLR cables used with lo-z PA style mics (which is what i play through). Just curious....

JP