[Harp-L] Old Tired Harps?

I have noticed that my playing set of harps, all kinds Hohner,
Bushman and Suzuki, Started to loose there volume and response Riffs I
could play over quickly before, would have a hesitation, or low or no
volume at certain notes.I have started playing open mikes and jams were I use an amp
and mike, pushing them harder than when I practice. So I decided
to clean my harps. after seeing a Jason Ricci U tube video, While there
I ck gap and embossed reeds and plates, for a short time they seemed
better now they are going back to there old ways. I have some
newer low use harps that I tried and they seem fine thinking my style
had changed, I am trying more toungue bltongue, maybe harps are getting
dirtier, or do the reeds lose it after a while?, I have had reeds fail
and crack, theses are not loosing there tone just there volume and
responce. Thanks for your input Eric S. Santa Rosa