Re: [Harp-L] Re: Reed plate protrusion (Tom Albanese)

The edges of just about all reed plates are sharp.  If they have the groove cut into them to accomodate the upper edge of the cover plates, there's usually a sharp little burr on the edge of the reed plate.

I like taking a piece of super fine (size 0000) steel wool to smooth out all these sharp edges.  Really helps make the harps more comfortable to play, and my mouth always thanks me for taking the time to do it !

Ken H in OH