[Harp-L] Re: Reed plate protrusion (Tom Albanese)

While Iceman is dealing with Hohner QC, could he please add this:

On the extreme edge of the MS system plates is a fine chase into which the
cover fits. The LHS end of the reed plate is sheared abruptly, and the
resulting chase corner is extremely sharp, and causes abrasions in the
inside of the upper lip when playing cross position.
I've filed a few bad edges down smoother , but recently had to play an OOTB
harp, which was most uncomfortable.
Here we are asked to pay 40$ for a Blues Harp, and average wages here are
800 USD a month, -many earn half that amount-, so the harps are "expensive".

Best Regards

Geoff Atkins