[Harp-L] Windsavers

I would dearly like to be able to get over the pond for Vern Smith's seminar
on windsavers. In weekly strenuous two hour trad sessions playing along with
banjos, fiddles and boxes my windsavers go bad sooner rather than later.
I have found a crude solution.
Seydel make a valveless "standard" chromatic which retails for about the
price of a good blues harp (?60.00 in these parts).
Needless to say it is somewhat 'windy' and you have to work hard to be heard
(a blessing sometimes!)
Both the late Igor Flach who sold me mine in G and Michael Timler of
Harponline.de thought I was cracked to want such an instrument. In fact
Michael said that "even Seydel don't consider this a serious instrument"
However my response is "Like the Kalashnikov - it may be crude, but it never
jams!"
Having recently invested in Brendan Power's Chromatic Tutor, I may
eventually get around to trimming the windsavers in my Hohners as Brendan
suggests to see whether this can give me the best of both worlds.
Beannachtai
Aongus Mac Cana