[Harp-L] Cadillac Records...Again

I'm a high school teacher; I teach 12th grade English...end of the year, last day of classes before exams. I had picked up a copy of Cadiallc Records but hadn't seen it...brought it to school. In one of my classes, I asked the kids if they'd like to watch it. They were semi-disinterested in the way that only 17-18 years olds can be :-)

Anyway, I put the movie in. Two things:

1] My opinion? Not a bad movie at all, though it makes LW into a sort of cartoon character in the usual Hollywood fashion...but even with its inaccuracies, it IS about Chess records; it does show LW recording Juke...and those are good things.

2] As the movies began, the kids were sort of talking among themselves, not particularly interested, but when the movie got to the scenes that pictured Muddy recording in Chess studios, making that glorious music, their attention was revited to the movie. They then watched with some interest.

Conclusion: Cadillac Records is not a great movie, or even a very good movie, but it may well be a very useful movie. I give it a thumbs up.

WVa Bob