[Harp-l] Music

EGS1217 wrote:
"..so (that) might be a reason your audiences appreciate them so much...they
sound 'vaguely' similar to something they're familiar with. :) This is not a
criticism...just how many ways can musical notes be strung together anyway?
I'm not at all saying they're copies, please don't misunderstand....simply
that they 'remind' me of them. I mean it as a compliment. Georgia is at the
top of my list of favourite songs. Anyone who can create a new tune which
has any hint of its flavour and yet be brand new is a very good musician."

I believe that practice is called "tipping the hat".