Re: [Harp-L] Music

Dennis your music is fantastic.  The sound, melody does stay with me...

abner ( Blueyes, counting my days)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dennis M. Cooper
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 11:34 AM
  Subject: [Harp-L] Music

  Over the past several years I've backed away from the more traditional
  approaches to harmonica-driven styles and started playing "pretty" songs for
  about 25% of the content of my live performances. I still play "show tunes",
  of course, but the songs that audience members always comment on are the
  pretty, slow songs. I must allow that my listener demographics run in the
  50-80+ age range, which is fine with me. I have had a number of harmonica
  players comment with just a touch of sarcasm that I'm kind of like the Kenny
  G of harmonica players, but my shows are very well attended and album and
  digital download sales are brisk.

  I put together a tunepack with a few "pretty" examples at:
  http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/1501482 All of the songs are original,
  except "Still Got the Blues For You". My personal favorite is "Pangaea", an
  original harmonica spiritual that seems to have a lot of emotional impact on
  audience members. They either love it or hate it.

  Back in 1978 I received a piece of great advice from a touring traditional
  blues musician that our band at the time opened for in a Portland, Oregon
  waterfront club: "If your audience members don't walk away from the show
  humming or whistling something you played, you lose."

  Best Regards,
  Dennis M. Cooper

  http://www.dennis-cooper.com
  http://www.harmonicaBootCamp.com