Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Quality & price discussion

Thank you Elizabeth.
smo-joe

On May 27, 2009, at 4:27 PM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

"Good Grief! I didn't get that from his post at all. But then, I've only been his friend and reading his whacky and fun sense of humour for - oh, 4+ years now?

And there's absolutely NO hint of 'paedophilia' in there either. I once worked for an in-house ad agency whose very successful logo to sell the bread the company manufactured was a cute little blonde girl: 'Little Miss Sunbeam'. The image was considered Wholesome and All American. We routinely hired children for the commercials who fit 'her' profile. We included little boys too. THAT is where SmoJoe is coming from.

Anyone remember 'Heidi'? The idea that people like to see 'cute' and attractive faces on their harp cases or harmonica advertising isn't remotely new (do a historical look-through of Hohner's advertising through the years and you might get a better perspective), regardless of whether or not the person behind the scenes is a 'grandmother' or not, is what SmoJoe intended.

Perhaps the problem lies in the English to 'other language' translation...and also what lies in the minds of the readers.

Pah. 'Some' people seem far too quick to look for something 'wrong' with a long time good guy who has never given any hints of anything untoward on this list. This is absurdity carried to the extreme.

Elizabeth

We found the real 'Hotel California' and the 'Seinfeld' diner. What will you find? Explore WhereItsAt.com.