Re: [Harp-L] Harp in the 80's

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Derwood <derwood.blues@...> wrote:

> I have a friend who loves the 80's and is having a party and plans to play
> 80's music with all his musician friends including me. I play harmonica and
> guitar but would love to play harp as much as possible.
>
> Any suggestions of rock or pop songs from the 80's with harmonica in them?
>
> Derwood
> ______

OOOOH... 80's music AND harmonica!? pinch me, i must be dreaming.

But seriously, top of the list: Suicide Blonde by INXS. (technically released in 1990, but listen to it. it's an 80's song). U2 (try the Joshue Tree album). The Romantics, "What I Like about You". Boy George played some harmonica (try Karma Chameleon). J. Geils had some 80s hits. Huey Lewis must have had some harp tunes. Stevie Wonder (Boogie on Reggae Woman). Aerosmith also had some harp in their songs. Piano Man has a little harp thing in it. "Say Say Say" by Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney... Sorry I can't be more specific with some of these, but hopefully this will give you a place to start.

Great trip down memory lane :)

-Jp