[Harp-L] quality and price discussion

When I toured the Hohner plant last fall with my wife, we both noticed that there were definitely more women working there than men.  During WWII when there weren't enough local Germans around to staff the plant, they "imported" Russian women to work there.

Hohner and other harmonica manufacturers, have over the years, all used these stereotypical "cute boy and girl" images in their marketing and advertising.  Just check out the images on the harmonica boxes.

I also would not have minded if some good looking, articulate, harmonica-playing, young guy like Fernando Bresslau, had personally tested my harmonica.

Manfred Wewers