[Harp-L] SPAH Update

Hello Gang,

I just wanted to stop by and say hey. As you can see from his recent posts
Bob Cohen is doing a great job with the SPAH website www.spah.org . You will
be seeing more and more services and features as things progress. I know I
was plugging our great new site a few months back but it takes time to get
it all together when you are an all volunteer organization. I do hope that
everyone has the site bookmarked or better yet set as their home page!
As the new publicity guy for the organization I can tell you that the new
website is by far my most important tool for helping me to spread the word.
Combined with Jp's incredible work on our  Harmonica Happenings Magazine
things are really looking sweet for our future. The one thing we need most
of all is YOUR MEMBERSHIP! Even if you can't make it to Sacramento this year
we would appreciate your support by becoming a card carrying member of SPAH.

Tony Eyers has offered to help SPAH promote our convention via his Asian
harmonica website. He has over 25,000 members on his site! With the
convention being on the West Coast this year this is our best chance of
bringing folks from across the Pacific. I am excited to see how things pan
out. Thanks so much Tony for your help!

Bud Gardner and his team of Harmonicoots (our 2009 convention hosts) are
working hard to make this year our best ever! Sacramento is really rolling
out the red carpet for us. The Radisson sounds like it may be our most
"harmonica user friendly" hotel yet! I have the feeling that the indoor and
outdoor jamming will be over the top this year!

Speaking of the jams, I was talking with Joe Filisko the other day and he is
looking to make the nightly blues jams more fun than ever! Buzz & Joe are
the kings of late night SPAH. Some of you might want to come to Sacramento
just for the blues jams! And in case you haven't heard, Joe puts together an
amazing group of world class talent to do his "teach in's" during the day at
the convention. The educational opportunities for harmonica players are
really incredible at a SPAH convention. This year might just be over the
top!

Randy Singer will again be the host of the nightly Jazz jams. He gets the
hotel bar hoppin' as he plays traffic cop keeping the jazz cats from
chopping each others heads off!

The vending area at the convention will be incredible this year. Most of the
major manufacturers will be there along with our favorite "boutique" shops.
Our own Greg Heumann (Blows Me Away Productions) along with some other
special folks has graciously helped Christelle make it to the States this
year! I am sure that many will be looking forward to seeing Christelle live
and in person after blazing her way to world wide fame via You Tube.

There will be so much more to report as the convention date comes near. The
best place to keep up-to-date is of course @ www.spah.com Feel free to
contact me if I can be of assistance in any way.

WB
--
Warren "Bee" Bachman
SPAH Publicity Director