[Harp-L] Re: Tolerance on Harmonicas, etc.

Maybe I'm just getting wacky in my old age. For me, at least, part of the charm of listening to old recordings of SB# I, SB# II, Little Walter, and so forth, is that their instruments weren't always perfectly in tune or set up to strict standards or even whether they hit a wrong note here and there.. Still, they could reach into some magic place deep inside and squeeze out what seemed like real emotion. Maybe they did it with tone or vibrato or phrasing or who knows what. I don't know. The same holds true for some of the old guitarists and pianists that have become icons of music. Yeah, perfect instruments are great, but there is something special about heartfelt music that goes beyond technique and technology.---just my 2 cents