[Harp-L] 7, 8, 9, & 10 hole... issues & questions

I've fiddled around with the harp off and on for some time...I can
bend notes and play a little cross harp.. but I'm far from an
accomplished player.

Most of my time has been at the low end of the harp... as holes 7-10
never seem to play as easy as the low holes... Actually I notice
difficulty starting with the 6-hole draw.

I started off with a Honer Marine Band in the key of A. Now I'm
playing Lee Oskar and have several keys... but am spending much of my
time on the C Harp as I am trying to improve my technique and mastery
of the entire range of the instrument.

I don't know if my problem with the upper holes means the reeds need
adjusting or if it means I just don't have the chops yet...

Is it common for those less accomplished players to have more
difficulty on the upper holes?

Or do I need to go buy a new harp... or make mechanical adjustments...
or just keep workin' on it?

Thanks for any tips and/or comments.

Opus314
Former Drummer - Presently Harp Fiddler