Re: [Harp-L] Entrance to Utopia

Sadly, that's just when I'll be in Boston.

You are right. Utopia is now a "closed" smoker's club. That's the only way they managed to survive more or less as they were.

If you go there on a quiet night, not a problem. You'll have to join the club as a member (it costs 10 EUR) but you should be able to get in.

On a busy night, members enter first, and if the place is packed you don't get to get in if you're not a member or coopted by a member to become one.

I don't know if there are jams on these nights, you can see the program here: http://www.utopia-cafeconcert.fr/

Looks like Bako (Pascal Mikaelian) is playing on the 2nd, he's a fine harp player.

Benoit
Will be in Paris on June 2,3,and 4th. Is there a special procedure to gain entrance to the Utopia Club. Used to jam there some time ago but thought I read recently you can't just walk in there any longer. Would appreciate any advice about jams in Paris or Nice.
Thanks,
Paul
If You Love The BLues
Honk Your Hohner