[Harp-L] Seydel 1847 gapping

Hi Folks,

You may have read a post or two in the past about how I really love my
Seydel 1847s.  Well I still love them but I've run into a little problem.
Over time it seems that they are in need of gapping.  My "A" has the 7, 8
and 9 draw choking so that I can 't jump on it from below and have it sound
clearly.  My "G" has the same problem on the 1 and 2 blow reeds.  Here's
what I've found: The stainless steel reeds really resist being bent.  I've
tried several times to open these reeds up just a hair and it looks like
they just go back to their original position (at least on visual
inspection).  Anybody else have this problem?  I not sure how the stainless
steel will react to aggressive massaging so I don't want to force things too
much.  But I definitely can see they don't behave like brass.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh