[Harp-L] re: Buying a chromatic

Are you just looking to buy a new chrom for fun or is there something about the ones you have now which you don't like and thus want a different instrument?

Assuming the former, for something really different I'd suggest the Suzukie Tremolo-Chromatic, SCT-128. It's expensive, but unique, and you could do some nice Zydeco-style stuff on it (not too far removed from blues). Here's a review:

http://www.patmissin.com/reviews/sct128.html

A cheaper alternative might be to simply get a chromatic in a key other than C. If you're mostly doing third-position type blues, I'd think D might be a good try, since you would get E and F (with the slide in).

If it's the former and you just aren't satisfied with the instruments you have now, then knowing what you like and don't like might help people in giving you advice.

Hope this helps.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()
`----'