Re: [Harp-L] Peter Green update..

He was (is?) a fair-to-middling harp player too.

An excellent biography on UK TV recently. Some great archive footage (though not enough) of him in his prime and fascinating interviews with him present day. Very lucid and seemingly content with his lot. Interesting that he doesn't seem to regret the drug-taking one bit... despite it precipitating his decline into mental illness. Pretty horrific descriptions of the electro-shock "therapy" he went through.

As many have commented, the "more is less" approach was always what marked him out. But that did change towards the end of his first incarnation, particularly when he added Danny Kirwan to the band. The volume definitely went up then and for me a lot of what made him so great got lost in the mix.

Great that he's back in good health, though he isn't and I doubt will ever be the same Peter Green.

Jim