RE: [Harp-L] Is Christellester is a Lip Purser or Tounge Blocker... or both ?

Hi Mel,

Mainly I'm a lip purser, because of my past musical background I suppose (classical music and folk/irish tunes). I'm using the tongue blocking rarely, and these days I'm working on how to bend notes (the usual bends, not the overbends) with the tongue blocking technic, which is quite tough for me. I know that many terrific harmonica players are using the tongue blocking all the time and can bend and overbend, I think this is really great because they can do things that could be really usefull (multi overbending or using this technic to use the cupping of a microphone for example)

Having said that when it comes to play traditionnal blues music, or cajun you can't really avoid to play with the tongue blocking, I still have a lot to learn here.

Christelle Berthon

Official website : http://www.christelleharpqueen.net http://www.youtube.com/christellester http://www.myspace.com/christelleberthon