RE: [Harp-L] Suzuki's Fabulus....Rant...

> I got the "gap first, then tune" advice right here on harp-l from Tim Moyer when he was still customizing. I can't tell you how much time and frustration that simple rule has saved me. Tuning still drifts in frustrating ways, but not nearly so much since I started following Tim's advice.
>
> Winslow

I definitely agree with this.  I do a lot of fine-tuning of my new stock harps, but I would always do whatever gapping was needed first.   I checked the tuning of the reed I'd emergency-gapped in the pub last Friday once I'd got home and it was still fine.

Steve

Share your photos with Windows Live Photos – Free.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/