Re: [Harp-L] Suzuki's Fabulus....Rant...

At 11:37 PM 5/19/2009, you wrote:
I have experience working on this model. They are quite impressive after a professional set-up of reed profiles and offsets. Yes there's a mild waiting period, because reeds usually need some time for the internal stress from adjustments to go away before tuning will stabilize, but it's worth it to have it done right.

I can also repair them. Brendan Power arranged for me to recieve the factory special Suzuki tools to professionally deal with the welded reeds and it works really slick. So far Suzuki won't sell me the Fabulous reeds, but I can make Hohner reeds fit. I do have reeds for the other Suzuki diatonics, for what it's worth.

Suzuki does have a customer service/warranty contact, and I'm sure he would try to do something for you. But if you might be interested in having me bring out the potential of this harp, I have room in my schedule.

Joe Spiers
http://www.spiersharmonicas.com

Thanks Joe, this was the response I felt I should have gotten from Suzuki's rep, Brendan. I left a message with Suzuki repair and see what they can do. I don't feel like spending more on the harp unless I have to. I think the Fabulous uses the same or similar reeds as their Promaster harp. I do think this is a gap problem though, so replacement wouldn't be necessary But I will be having you work on some harps for me whether it's the Fabulus or others I have that need work. Thank you.