[Harp-L] Effects of climatic variations on harmonicas

I saw this post this morning on Slidemeister and am copying it here without
permission.
The person posted:
>Back from my wee place in Spain.Great weather etc., etc.,
>same old conundrum,harmonicas sound lousy.
>They seem to object to dry light air, as compared to the opposite here in
the West of Ireland.
>These are 270 tenors.In Spain they play sharp and to my disfunctional ears
sound thin and reedy (comparitively).
>Come back home to acres of jungle, puddles,greenmould,touchable cloud, and
hello,
>270,s have found their guts.Question.Is this imagination?,
>or do you folks over the pond find variations around your national
compass?.
>Could it be my cigarrette brand change ?,(and booze).Would appreciate any
thoughts.

I immediately thought of Winslow, but perhaps others have
experience/knowledge they could share on this topic.
Oh, and if Little Walter would sound thin in Spain.
Gary