RE: [Harp-L] Suzuki's Fabulus....Rant...

> You would think with all bluster about how great it is, and the
> "exact tolerances" they claim to use that the most important hole
> wouldn't have a reed that sticks. Of course my 2 draw sticks when I
> need hit fast - not hard just quick and when I blow hole 2 then draw
> on it right away like when I play Juke, Walter's Boogie, and try to
> play Whammer Jammer. Now I have to send it god only knows where, and
> wait AGAIN to get it back. I bought it hoping it would live up to
> its hype and I could buy them instead of waiting months for a custom
> harp. But Suzuki let me down big time. I really should have known
> they would... I used to buy their promasters, and something like 40
> percent of hem were unusable out of the box, but I bought the hype
> spent over $200.00 thinking at that price they actually built one
> that was playable out of the box. The worst part is I'm disabled
> and don't have the hand dexterity to fix my own harps. I'm so %%^@*&g pissed.

> Jeff

It's just that any off-the-shelf harp is never going to be spot-on for everyone.  I have never yet bought a stock harp that suited my playing perfectly and didn't need at least a spot of regapping here and there for the way I play.   It sounds like you need more open gaps down there.  It happens to me with every harp I buy.  I'm sorry you can't do your own adjusting.  You could consider getting slightly cheaper harps and paying for someone to set them up for you I suppose.  It might only be small changes you need to get 'em playing right for you.  Whilst it's no way to get a fabulous custom harp, miracles can be wrought with just a Lee Oskar screwdriver and reed tool...

Steve Shaw

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/