From: icemanle@xxxxxxx
Date: May 19, 2009 12:18:48 PM PDT
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Cupping
With so many experts out there, it is easy to fall into the "there is only one correct way to do it" syndrome.

Basically, the idea is to seal the top end of the harmonica - everyone agrees that this promotes fatter amplified tone.

How you achieve it is full of variables - whatever works for you is great. For instance, my thumb is on the end of the harmonica, so the harmonica is often times what is pushed against my cheek, not the thumb and the space between thumb and wrist.