Re: [Harp-L] Cupping

With so many experts out there, it is easy to fall into the "there is only one correct way to do it" syndrome.

Basically, the idea is to seal the top end of the harmonica - everyone agrees that this promotes fatter amplified tone.

How you achieve it is full of variables - whatever works for you is great. For instance, my thumb is on the end of the harmonica, so the harmonica is often times what is pushed against my cheek, not the thumb and the space between thumb and wrist.

The harp is not pushed up against your cheek.

It is the side of your right thumb and the space between your thumb
and your wrist that are placed against the cheek.