Re: [Harp-L] Cupping

Glad to hear that. My right thumb is always jammed against my cheek, for acoustic and hand held mic.

Bullfrog

michael rubin wrote:
As I have been reading this thread, the concept of blocking off the
higher holes with your right cheek continues to come up.  This seems
contradictory to my understanding of the
technique.  I just watched the Dave Barrett videos on Utube and he
confirmed my understanding.

The harp is not pushed up against your cheek.

It is the side of your right thumb and the space between your thumb
and your wrist that are placed against the cheek.

Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com